Saturday, November 27, 2010

Add/Drop

We got great (and surprising!) news this week that we are pregnant with baby #4. While there could be complications later on in the pregnancy, for the time all looks good with the baby and at 7 weeks I am quickly remembering the journey of pregnancy. 1st Trimester: exhaustion and nausea. 2nd Trimester: exhaustion. 3rd Trimester: soreness, hugeness, pre-term labor (we hope not this time!) and more exhaustion. After birth: nursing fun, c-section recovery and sleep deprivation BUT a big bounce back in my energy level. And a precious new baby making it all worth while!

I need a lot of sleep not pregnant, and while pregnant, it's just ridiculous. Last night I slept 9 hours and took two one hour naps today. Today I felt great because Mark was here to let me get all that sleep. Gearing up for the work week ahead, I'm making preparations to pace myself and cut out a lot of what I normally do.

Add:
Sleep

Drop:
Cloth diapers
Couponing
Jesse tree and most of the crafty things I had planned for December ... I'm sad about that but for every 15 minutes doing crafts with the kids, I spend an hour in preparation and clean up. We still have lots of fun things going on this month. Until I bounce back, school will consist of the basics: reading, handwriting, and math.
Messy toys - several toys sets that are difficult for the children to clean up and time consuming for me to straighten up will be put away. I had been thinking about doing this before I discovered I was pregnant, just to allow them time to play with their nativity sets and make space for the few new toys they will receive this year.
Possibly home improvements - I'm reticent to let this go. You should see my kitchen! It is a work in progress, but just a few steps away from being done: paint, new hardware for the cabinets and curtains. I know it will be so refreshing to walk into a finished space, so I'm hoping I some energy bursts to knock that out in the evenings, but if push comes to shove it can wait.

3 comments:

Carlien said...

Oh my word!
Congratulations!!! I'll be praying for you and especially for the delivery.

(It's been really nice to see you back on your blog again these past few weeks.)

lots of love,
Carlien

Julie Tiemann said...

Really smart, Julie - it's SO hard for me to give up things I love to do (or even feel I should do), but life is all about seasons. I've finally learned to let myself off the hook when the season calls for it, and know that it won't always be that way. You're doing SUCH a good job. I'm so excited about this miracle baby!!!!!!

Таnia in Delhi said...

Congratulations, Julie!

Oh, how I wish I were closer and could come and play with your kids so that you could get more sleep...Sleep is so important and it's so difficult to find time for it as a mom with young children. Do what you can to get more sleep.

I am sure you are a wonderful mother, Julie. That's why God keeps sending you more children :)