Thursday, November 18, 2010

Glue Gun Therapy


Yesterday was a hard day. I hesitate to even describe it as such, because when I think how blessed I am, I realize that many people would gladly trade one of their good days for my bad one. Aside from the children being off on their sleep, and therefore a little cranky, the day as a whole was actually pretty successful. We learned a lot, ate well, did a few chores and even had a fun outing. But I had forgotten that Mark would be gone for the evening, and when I realized it, exhaustion hit me like a freight train. I fought back tears until every last child was asleep. And then I settled in on the couch with my hot glue gun and made this:


I love it. I am not crafty, but I thought I could pull this one off without someone sweetly sweetly mistaking it for one of my children's works. Also, super cheap. $2 wreath form from Hobby Lobby + 2 x $1 coffee filters = $4. With extra coffee filters left over. Hmm, maybe I should turn something else into a giant snowball tonight?

Directions and inspiration from The Nester. I did not trim it. It would look cute with natural colored coffee filters too.

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

gravity1Wow - it looks great, Julie! I'm equally impressed by the rest of the room though - you've really changed things around. It all looks great!

Julie said...

Thanks! I just tidied up the shelves and someone gave us the faux-liage. The wood panelling still makes me cringe when I see it in pictures, but I'll get there!