Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Doin' Dishes Music


Sometimes I feel like a full-time housekeeper ... know the feeling? Can I get a shout out from the mommies?! It's like Groundhog Day meets Mrs. Doubtfire at my place. Without the cross-dressing. Mostly. But you know what turns my lemons into lemonade? Putting on some loud, fun, music and having the kids come "party" with me. They can even be pretty helpful!

Here's a sampling of what we've been grooving to lately:

Forever :: Chris Brown
Somewhere over the Rainbow :: Iz Kamakawiwo'ole*
More Than You'll Ever Know :: Watermark
Afternoons and Coffeespoons :: Crash Test Dummies

I haven't bought a proper CD in a decade, so I need suggestions. What do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up?

*I just saw a picture of him on iTunes... that is not what I pictured him looking like! heh. Isn't it funny how that happens with voices/faces?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been listening to Brandon Heath and Third Day a lot recently. They're both great anytime I need a pick me up. Oh and here's a website completely devoted to curls: http://blog.ouidad.com/ . I wish that I had known how to handle my hair at an earlier age so that I could have enjoyed it more and not been embarrassed by my crazy curls. Love y'all!

Mike Tiemann said...

Great idea! I need to hook you guys up sometime with some UpStreet songs. I bet your kiddos would love them (and they're high-energy too).
Side note - I used to LOVE that Crash Test Dummies record. What a strange band... strange songs.